Friday, April 30, 2010

knitcroblo6-Revisit A Past F/o

My favorite f/o, so far, are my several pairs of fetching hand warmers. My red ones are for special times, but my gray ones are the work horse.  I nixed the wrist cable but kept the top cable in place. They go everywhere with me, (right now they sit in my work locker quitely waiting for pick up), and keep my hands warm in the office  and sometimes on cold buses and trolleys. The are fuzy, pilling and a few stitches are kinda big around the thumb, but I love those gloves (make with Lion Brand Wool-ease) and will probably make another pair (love the pattern) 'cause they're quick, sorta mindless and you get beautiful results.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice gloves :) i've heard quite a bit about fetchings and they do look lovely :)

Ida said...

I keep thinking I need to make a pair of Fetchings, but so far, I've not. I'm thinking I'm going to have to change that.

Mel said...

I love fetching too and have made a few pairs. I've never done them in red though, but I may have to after seeing your red ones- they look awesome :D

Caffeine Girl said...

Yours are so nice! I made two pairs and both curled at the top and bottom. I looked around Ravelry, but I seem to be the only person with this problem!