Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Finally I Finished Something!!

Feeling like a star 'cause I finally finished something, wohoo! Took an embarrassing few weeks (I plead injury!) but its good to go...well go and get blocked. As you can probably tell, I'm feeling good and motivated to finish other stuff. (probably after a good nights sleep, I'll think differently -smiles-)
The weather is starting to get cooler and thoughts of woolens are dancing in my head. Eying a few hat, gloves and scarf  patterns.  Going for the more portable items so I can knit on the trolleys to work. My problem is that I am becoming (OK I am)  a yarn snob. Love those beautiful wools, silks and alpaca blends, but not the "hand wash lay flat to dry". Not all super wash wools are nice against the skin, so I'm in a bit of a quandary. I can do super wash for my hands, but don't know about the rest of me. Sock yarns are great, but it's those little, tiny needles that's giving me pause. Until I can find a reasonable solution for my hand problem (time machine maybe???) I prefer bigger needles, but don't like bigger stitches...sigh... dilemmas, dilemmas...

No comments: