Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tagging is Evil!

Just when I was content in my stupor, a certain Stephcuddles has tagged me. I should have known it was coming. I have been dropping meanie (but humorous) comments on her blog. I think I have accidentally indenture her to jumper making for her mum. Hey, its my job, I am an enabler. I wear the badge proudly lol.
1. Whats your staple meal (ie. what meal do you cook most often when you can't be bothered to be adventurous)?
   I'm ashamed to say it's the Bird Nest Breakfast. Wheat toast with the center torn out and replaced with an egg in a frying pan.  When it's set, sprinkle with sharp cheese and add bacon on the side.  It;s quick, it's filling and sometimes I add carrots to ease the guilt -smiles-
2. What do you want to be when you grow up?
   Happy!
3. What book are you reading at the moment? (if any)
   Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. An Oprah's book choice (which drew me in) A series of short stories around a certain theme. Just finished the first short story, holding my opinion for now.
4. How do you relax?
   TV playing, stereo blasting, Internet surfing and knitting. With a cup of coffee by my side and a cookie or twenty, err I mean two, yeah that's it.
5. What color are the interior walls of your home?
   White. My place is so small, so white seems to expand it nicely. However my kitchen is baby blue. I know it's an off color for a kitchen, but I like it.
6. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
   On line yarn shopping is at the top of my list. (someone help me please!) Followed closely by Biscoff cookies (drooling) I LOVE THEM!!
7. What time is bedtime and getting up time?
   On work days I get up between 4:35 and 5 am, and go to sleep between 10 and 11pm. (I'm so trying to change my ways on the sleep time, but I have issues; the Internet) On my days off, anytime. I try to get the sleep I need.
8. How long do you spend reading blogs (per day or per week)?
   I try to keep it to a few blogs. Most are very interesting and attention grabbing and if I had my choice I would read them all day. Another reason why I go to sleep so late.

I'm finished! Whew!


Very little progress on my gray shawl. In fact it's hibernating in a secret location where I kicked it. I need a little time away from it. It kept messing up and making me rip it back numerous times. I blame the shawl, it needed discipline, Ive acted. That'll teach the other UFOs (unfinished objects) to behave or a kicking is coming. Sorry, sometimes you have to take a firm hand with knitting! -smiles-

I have started a new shawl with lace weight yarn and for the first time, beads! It's looking good and I haven't had to rip back but once (saw where I had split the yarn and had to tink back) I don't know if you can see the beads, but they're in there! Hoping this one can be finished soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely :) not yet progressed to beading in my knitting. Do you crochet them on or put them on the yarn already?